The Best Weight Loss Advice
You can pretty much spend an hour anywhere on the internet and be sure to come across something about weight loss—and not everything that you read is based in the truth. Just about every celebrity out there will try to sell you their own weight loss plan, including everything from crazy dietary advice to complicated workout plans. The problem with a lot of this advice, however, is that it isn’t based in the science of medical weight loss, and so instead of helping you to lose weight, it could actually lead you to have difficulty losing weight, or in the worst case scenario actually cause physical harm to your health.
When you are searching for weight loss advice the best thing that you can do is to look at what the doctors have to say, and the good news is that there are a lot of weight loss tips that medical weight loss experts agree on.
Here are the top 10 weight loss tips that you should take into consideration when trying to lose weight:
1. Drinking plenty of water is important for helping you reach your weight loss goals. Water will help to reduce your appetite and keep your body hydrated, thereby supporting a healthy metabolism.
2. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast is important, and making sure that breakfast is packed with protein will be most beneficial for your weight loss efforts.
3. Cut out as many sugary drinks, like sodas and juices, as you can. Opt for zero calorie drinks like water, unsweetened tea, and black coffee.
4. Cut down on how often you eat. Intermittent fasting is a popular eating pattern that encourages longer stretches between meals, but even cutting down on snacks can be helpful.
5. Cut down on how much sugar you are eating every day. Try to get all of your daily sweets through natural sugars, including fruits and vegetables.
6. Eat more whole foods and fewer processed foods. Whole food diets encourage foods like fruits, vegetables and lean proteins over items that come in packaging.
7. Adjust your eating utensils to help you cut down on your portion size. Using a smaller plate can help you reduce how much you eat in one serving.
8. Track what you are eating and how much you are eating by using some sort of weight loss journal. Simply tracking your calories or what foods you eat is enough to combat mindless eating.
9. Develop a healthy exercise routine that will keep you active and healthy. Working out a few times a week is enough to get you started.
10. Get a good night of sleep every single night. Going without sleep can cause your metabolism to slow down, and fatigue is more likely to leave you wanting to snack to get your energy levels up. Before you make any adjustments to your weight loss routine, check in with your weight loss doctor. While these 10 strategies will feature in most weight loss programs, the most successful weight loss plans are customized to the exact needs o the individual trying to lose weight.