Getting Started With Weight Loss Surgery
You have chosen to make a lifestyle change toward a new and healthier you. At Flowers Hospital, we understand that this is not an easy decision to make, and we are prepared to guide you through this journey one step at a time.
- To begin your journey toward a healthier lifestyle, contact our Bariatric Navigator to schedule your first appointment.
- At your first appointment, you will be provided with a checklist of preoperative requirements that must be met prior to your bariatric surgery.
- Insurance companies may require psychiatric evaluations, a sleep study, physical therapy, dietary consultations and a medically-supervised diet that is 3-6 months in duration.
- Your second appointment is an initial visit with a bariatric surgeon to discuss which bariatric surgery will be best for you. The team will also inform you of further consultations or tests needed to determine if you are a candidate for surgery.
- During your supervised diet, you will also meet with our dietitian to discuss lifestyle changes needed for long-term weight control.
- Check with your insurance carrier to see if you are covered for weight loss surgery.