Criteria to Qualify for Weight Loss Surgery at Flowers Hospital in Dothan
Do I Qualify?
To be a candidate for weight-loss surgery, you must:
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater or be 100 or more pounds overweight from your ideal body weight. A BMI calculator is available at our website.
- If BMI is between 35 and 40, you must have at least one significant medical condition such as diabetes, hypertension or sleep apnea.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Not be drug or alcohol dependent or have at least one year of sobriety.
- Have a personal ongoing commitment to improve health and lifestyle.
- Contact your insurance company to verify if your insurance policy covers bariatric surgery. If your policy does not cover bariatric surgery, ask us about self-pay options.
Check your Body Mass Index (BMI)